Monday, August 19, 2013

The Collector

So for this review, it will be The Collector starring a guy I personally know but haven't seen for several years, Josh Stewart. I must say that not only is this film dark in content but it's also dark in lighting. What was the budget, $20? And when I say that it's dark in content, I mean that this movie is 100%, Grade A fucked up. In an awesome, gory kinda way.

I'll start off by saying that the Collector himself is one sick and twisted individual, for whom there is NO chance of rehabilitation. Dr. Phil, in his Texas accent would even say "Son, you are one sick motherfucker." Personally, I don't think any real life serial killer would've thought of this sorta stuff. In fact, I would like to meet the individual that DID come up with it, simply so I could suggest they get some SERIOUS psychological help.

The acting is rather well done from a cast of lesser known and young actors. This film had me legitimately cringing. The one scene that made me cringe the most was when Arkin (Stewart) got his hand caught in the window by the razor blades. I also feel this part dragged on a tad to long. It would have been just as effective had it been a little bit shorter.

All-in-all a pretty damn good movie. Definitely not for the faint of heart as this is one sick ass movie. But if you're a fan of blood and gore, I recommend this film to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment